What is Ativan 1mg?
Ativan 1mg is a prescription medication that helps treat anxiety disorder and seizure disorder. This medicine is from the benzodiazepine class of drugs that alter the brain’s neurotransmitter activity to produce a feeling of calmness. Doctors usually recommend this medicine for short-term use due to its habit-forming effects over extended use. This drug is available in the tablet and an intravenous (IV) injection form.
This medicine is readily available in both e-pharmacies and offline pharmacies. You can easily buy Ativan 1mg online or at your local drugstore if you have a doctor’s prescription. However, you won’t be able to purchase this drug without a prescription because the DEA has classified it as a controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act. Still, there are plenty of websites that might allow you to order Ativan online without a prescription.
How does Ativan 1mg work?
This drug is a benzodiazepine class medicine that works by influencing the brain chemical known as GABA. It enhances the effects of this neurotransmitter to induce a calming effect.
How to take Ativan 1mg?
It is best to consume this drug as prescribed by your doctor. Try to follow the prescription label or the medication guide you get with the drug when you order Ativan 2mg online or offline. Avoid consuming this medicine in large amounts or for longer than the recommended periods.
Ativan can be habit-forming if used for a prolonged period. Also, try not to alter the dosage as abusing it can result in addiction, overdose, or death. Also, don’t share this medicine with anyone because giving away a controlled substance is against the law.
Try not to continue treating this drug for more than four months, unless recommended by your doctor. Discuss alternative treatment options with the doctor if your symptoms don’t improve or worsen after four months.
When terminating the treatment, remember not to stop using the drug suddenly. Doing so might result in severe and often life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Ask the doctor to lower the dose over a few weeks.
Ativan 1mg Dosage
The effective Ativan dose differs from person to person based on their age, type of problem, the severity of the issue, and how their body reacts to the drug. Due to all these factors, it is essential to follow the doctor’s guidelines while consuming this drug.
The typical Ativan dosage is as per the following:
- the initial dose is between 1mg and 3mg
- divide the amount and take it two or three times a day
- the doctor may decrease or increase the dosage after observing the body’s reaction to the drug
For insomnia due to stress or anxiety
- start with 2mg to 4mg of medicine
- take the medication at bedtime
- increase or decrease the medicine amount as per your doctor’s suggestion
What to know before taking Ativan?
The following are some of the crucial information that a person should know about using this drug before deciding to order Ativan online. Knowledge of these facts can help keep you safe from experiencing this drug’s adverse effects.
- People with certain medical conditions should try to avoid this medicine. These medical issues include narrow-angle glaucoma, benzodiazepine allergies, breathing problems, depression, liver or kidney disease, seizures, suicidal thoughts or behavior, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Also, refrain from taking this medicine if you are using any other prescription or non-prescription drugs. Herbal supplements, too, can interact with this drug’s functioning to produce undesirable effects. Make sure to ask the doctor if it is safe to combine this medicine with other substances that you might be using.
- This medicine can make blur your vision or make you dizzy. So, try to avoid driving or doing any work that requires attention while under this drug’s influence.
- This drug might fail to provide anxiety relief to children. It might have the opposite effect on children, causing them to become hyperactive and experience agitation or hallucination.
- This medicine can have extremely adverse effects on children under 12.
- If used during pregnancy, the unborn kid can become dependent on this medicine, resulting in severe life-threatening withdrawal symptoms at birth.
- Doctors advise against using this drug if you are breastfeeding, as it can pass into breastmilk and harm the infant’s health.
- It is also crucial to control older people’s dosage, as they are at a higher risk of experiencing this drug’s side effects.
- This drug can also cause complications during surgery. So, tell the doctor about using this medicine before undergoing the procedure.
Ativan side effects
The use of this medicine may result in some mild to severe side effects, depending on the amount you take and how long you use this drug. Not everyone who consumes this medicine will experience the same side effects, so it is crucial to talk with a healthcare professional about the adverse effects before deciding to buy Ativan online and start using it.
Common side effects
- lack of coordination
These adverse effects usually vanish in a few days, but if they last for long or increase in the intensity, make sure to get in touch with a doctor and seek treatment.
Serious side effects
- slowed breathing
- respiratory failure
- body aches
- muscle weakness
- rapid heartbeat
- swelling of face, lips, or tongue
- trouble swallowing
- severe hives or rash
These adverse effects can be life-threatening if you notice their occurrence, Not getting timely medical help can result in lasting health damage or might prove fatal in some cases.